Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rainy Day Chocolate Chip Cookies

It is a rainy day here and for an after school snack for the boys I made Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The secret to making these yummy cookies even taster is running out of vanilla extract and having to use almond extract instead. My boys loved it and did not even notice the almond flavor. Here is the recipe.

1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips (* More if you would like)

In a mixing bowl beat margarine and sugars, add eggs and mix, add extract, baking soda, flour one cup at a time and add your chocolate chips. I use a small baking scoop so my cookies are all the same size but you can also use a spoon and drop dough balls on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8 minutes at 375. Cool 5 minutes and enjoy with milk or tea like me.


Enjoy!
The Baking Lady,  Karen Mom of Three
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment